Holy moly this is better than the chipotle guacamole recipe! It is literally one of the easiest snacks or appetizers to make. You can make this Whole 30 or Paleo compliant by eating the guacamole with some carrots or celery instead of chips. It’s also a great addition to a meal like fajita bowls or homemade street tacos. Or if you are feeling spunky, add this to some toast for breakfast. You can also make this as an appetizer to pair with your homemade pineapple salsa recipe. What I love about this recipe is it’s so simple and yet so GOOD.
General Recipe Tips for Better than Chipotle Guacamole Recipe
This better than chipotle guacamole recipe is better than any restaurant or store-bought guacamole. The secret ingredient is the crushed garlic and generous lime juice. Avocados and garlic are some of my favorite foods because they have superfood properties. So not only is this delicious, but it’s very healthy too.
Another tip to this recipe, and in general any other recipe with salt, is to use flaked salt. Flaked salt is a gourmet salt that adds amazing texture. In addition, I use fresh ground pepper.
Pick Your Avocadoes
Pick your avocadoes carefully – just like you would pick a friend! No need to rush things… take your time. And if there are no good looking avocadoes at the market, pick one that is not ripe. You will have to wait a few days for the avocados to ripen, but it’s better than using an overripe avocado. Make sure all of the avocados are at similar levels of “ripeness”. Avocados are the main ingredient, so naturally, they will have the most impact on how the guacamole tastes.
How to Properly Store Guacamole
Everyone knows that guacamole turns brown after a few hours. The best hack that I’ve found for guacamole is this:
- Squeeze lime on top of the guacamole surface, prior to putting in the refrigerator.
- Put plastic wrap on top of the guacamole directly. Remove all of the air between the plastic wrap and guacamole.
- Put the lid on the container.
- Pull back out whenever desired!
This hack will keep your guacamole good for a few days. I hope you like this recipe!Print
What is better than the chipotle guacamole recipe? This! It is such a simple guacamole recipe to make, and you will be thanking your lucky stars.
- 3 whole large avocados (or 5 small avocados)
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed with a mortar and pestle)
- flake salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 juicy limes
- 1 tomato
- Crush garlic with salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the avocado and mash all together.
- Dice the tomato into small chunks.
- Add tomato to the avocado mixture.
- Squeeze the limes into the avocado.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 tbsp
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 593 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg