Welcome to The Matbakh! Here you will find Mediterranean and Middle Eastern-inspired recipes. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy dinner or a more traditional recipe for a weekend gathering, you will find something unique and delicious.
The Latest and Greatest
We are always cooking up something new around here. This is what's new on the blog.
- Crispy Egg Fritters (Ejjeh)
- Lebanese Fried Kibbeh Balls
- Baked Kibbeh Bil Sanieh
- Crispy Pita Bread Pizza
- Labneh Pita Sandwich With Za'atar
- Lebanese Labneh Dip From Scratch
- Indian Chicken Biryani Rice
- Detox Green Smoothie With Spinach
- Homemade Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce With Meat
- Easy Spanakopita Recipe (Greek Spinach And Feta Pie)
- Easy Cheese Samosa Recipe
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?
Find Recipes By Diet
Modern Middle Eastern Recipes
Here are some "modernized" versions of some of our favorite Middle Eastern recipes. These recipes have slight alterations and improvements to the original authentic recipe.
- Cheese and Za'atar Fried Spring Rolls (Vegetarian)
- Ma'amoul Bars With Dates
- Middle Eastern Fried Eggplant Salad (Betinjan Meqli)
- Better Than Baba Ganoush Lebanese Eggplant Dip
- Baked Chicken Kafta Meatloaf Patties
- Shakshuka Eggs With Potato Hash (w/ Video)
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Parsley Salad
- Baked Egyptian Ta'ameya
Find Recipes By Course
Authentic Middle Eastern Recipes
Here are some authentic Middle Eastern recipes passed on through our families. These recipes are tested over generations and bring heritage and culture to your table. Try Egyptian Molokhia With Roasted Chicken or Lebanese Fassoulia Lima Bean Stew.
Recipes By Mariam
Check out Mariam's latest recipes bringing authentic and delicious Lebanese cuisine to your dinner table. Whether you like Toum Garlic Sauce with your chicken kabobs or Teta's Homemade Ajeen recipe for Za'atar Manakish, you will find something absolutely delicious.
See more recipes by Mariam →
Recipes By Samara
Check out Samara's new recipes that blend the multiple cultures of Palestine, Syria, and Egypt with a spin on modern versions. Check out Samara's famous Shakshouka Eggs With Potato Hash and our favorite Basbousa recipe.
See more recipes by Samara →
Recipes By Lily
See more recipes by Lily →
Our Favorite Falafel Recipes
Recipes With Dates
Dates are not only a sweet and delicious standalone snack, they are an excellent way to naturally sweeten a smoothie, drink, or dessert. Here are some of our favorite ways of incorporating dates.
Most Shared Recipes
These are the most shared recipes on The Matbakh from our readers.