Welcome to The Matbakh! Here you will find Mediterranean and Middle Eastern inspired recipes. Here you can find quick and easy weeknight solutions and more traditional recipes for weekend socializing.
Latest and Greatest Recipes
We are always cooking up something new around here. This is what's new on the blog.
- Khobiza Green Goddess Soup (Mallow Leaf Recipe)
- How To Make Chicken Broth With A Whole Chicken
- Algerian Lamb Shoulder Stew With Couscous
- How To Cook Couscous (Perfectly Fluffy Using A Steamer)
- Quick Pickled Turnips With Middle Eastern Flair
- Kibbeh Nayeh Recipe (Lebanese Raw Kibbeh)
- Cheese and Za'atar Fried Spring Rolls (Vegetarian)
- Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe (Vitamix)
- How to Cut and De-Seed a Pomegranate Without a Mess
- Batata Harra - Lebanese Spiced Potatoes with Cilantro
- Karak Chai Tea (Sweet Cardamom Milk Black Tea)
- Loukoumades Greek Donuts - Fried Dough Balls With Simple Syrup
Search For Recipes
Find Recipes By Diet
Find recipes based on your particular eating preference.
Quick Mediterranean Recipes
Here are some quick recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less!
See more quick Mediterranean recipes →
Find Recipes By Course
Find recipes organized by course.
Authentic Middle Eastern Recipes
Here are some authentic Middle Eastern recipes passed on through our families.
- How To Make Yummy Tahini Dressing (Easy Tarator Sauce)
- Authentic Lebanese Red Lentil Soup Recipe (w/ Video)
- Qatayef (Atayef) Deep Fried Stuffed Pancakes
- Garlic Tahini Yogurt Sauce (Tahina Falafel Sauce)
- Basbousa (Basboosa) Semolina Cake Recipe - Namoura
- Large Lima Beans Recipe with Lamb (Fassoulia Butter Beans Stew)
See more authentic Middle Eastern recipes →
Recipes By Mariam
Check out Mariam's latest recipes up on The Matbakh.
See more recipes by Mariam →
Recipes By Samara
Check out Samara's new recipes up on The Matbakh.
See more recipes by Samara →
Recipes By Lily
Here are Lily's latest recipes up on The Matbakh.
See more recipes by Lily →
Our Favorite Falafel Recipes
Here are some of our favorite falafel recipes! Everything from baked falafel, falafel sauce, the falafel pita sandwich, and of course Lebanese fried falafel. Falafel is now demystified.
Recipes With Dates
Dates are not only a sweet and delicious standalone snack, they are an excellent way to naturally sweeten a smoothie, drink, or dessert. Here are some of our favorite ways of incorporating dates.
Most Shared Recipes
These are the most shared recipes on The Matbakh.
Here are some of our most favorite recipes that have been recently updated!