If you are looking for a delicious pineapple kiwi smoothie recipe, this is it. This recipe really needs a Vitamix blender or similar blender. Otherwise, you will be chewing your smoothie instead of drinking it. I'm sorry to say, but the Ninja blender failed my green smoothie recipe taste test. So far, the Vitamix is the only blender I like to make smoothies with.
This pineapple kiwi green smoothie is sweet and creamy, plus it has a serving of spinach. You heard that right. It's hard to think that this is not an indulgent sweet treat in fact. This recipe is vegan and made with all-natural ingredients.
What I Love About This Recipe
This smoothie tastes amazing and it can be prepared in 5 minutes. Not to mention, you can add some vanilla protein powder and make it a full meal.
I love that this pineapple kiwi smoothie is packed full of fruits and spinach, making it easy for me to get my fruit and veggie servings in for the day.
This recipe is literally fail-proof. It's an excellent recipe to make for beginner chefs. Not only is it fun to make, but it's delicious and nutritious.
When I was pregnant, I made this smoothie every single day. I wanted to make sure I was getting enough nutrients for my baby. It takes so much effort to eat that volume of vegetables. It’s so much easier to make this pineapple kiwi green smoothie recipe instead.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Frozen banana: I HIGHLY recommend using a frozen banana for this recipe. Frozen bananas make the smoothie creamy and cold. Any time my bananas are on the verge of going bad, I peel them, split them in half, and add them to a freezer-friendly storage bag in the freezer.
- Frozen pineapple: I prepare my frozen pineapple chunks from a fresh pineapple. I buy the fresh pineapple, peel and chop it into pieces, then store it in freezer bags. Frozen pineapple is an excellent fruit to add to smoothies.
- Fresh spinach: Spinach is packed with iron. It's tasteless when blended up in a smoothie, so pack it in. I prefer to use triple-washed baby spinach.
- Medjool dates: I use dates in everything that needs to be sweetened and blended, like this homemade almond milk. The best dates for this smoothie are Medjool dates. Make sure the dates are pitted prior to blending.
- Honeycrisp apple: This detox green smoothie is the best with Honeycrisp apple. However, if you would like to substitute another type of apple, that's fine.
- Kiwi: I use fresh kiwi for this detox green smoothie. Kiwi is packed with vitamin C.
- Fresh mint: The secret ingredient to this smoothie is fresh mint leaves. Dried mint is not an appropriate substitute, so if you don't have any fresh mint on hand, omit this ingredient. It's worth having fresh mint for this smoothie.
- Water: I prefer using water for the smoothie rather than milk or nut milk.
How To Make A Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie
Prepare the ingredients and add them to the Vitamix blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds.
Is This Good For Picky Toddlers?
This is my go-to green smoothie recipe for my toddler. I cut the end off of a bottle nipple and pour this smoothie into a bottle. It makes it very easy for my toddler to drink comfortably without making a mess.
This pineapple kiwi smoothie recipe is a great adult and kid-friendly option.
How Long Is This Smoothie Good For?
Pineapple kiwi smoothies lasts for about 8 hours in the fridge. It's a great double-batch recipe to have for a later snack in the day.