I struggled finding a good lamb shank roast recipe, until I tried my friends secret recipe. This lamb shank is so tender and delicious, you will love it!
- 4 Lamb Shanks each weighing between 1 lb to 1.5 lbs
- 4 potatos
- 4 carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 16 garlic cloves
- 4 tsp garlic flakes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the marinade by combining yogurt, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic flakes in a bowl.
- Massage marinade into lamb shank and put in fridge for 2 hours or overnight. If short on time, go to next step straight away.
- Chop vegetables.
- Layer parchment paper on top of foil about the size of a cookie sheet.
- Place cut vegetables onto parchment paper and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put lamb shank onto cut vegetables.
- Wrap inner layer of parchment paper around lamb shank and vegetables.
- Wrap foil tightly around parchment paper.
- Wrap a second layer of foil extremely tightly.
- Cook for 4 hours at 300F.
- Remove from oven and unwrap foil and parchment paper.
- Tuck parchment paper/foil into the sides of the lamb shanks.
- Broil lamb shanks for a few minutes to brown top.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Egyptian
- Serving Size: 1 shank
- Calories: 534
- Sugar: 24 g
- Sodium: 246 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 51 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: lamb shank roast baking lamb leg