This spicy vegetable soup with potatoes will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Jam-packed with nutrients, this soup takes 30 minutes to make.
- 2 ear of corn
- 3 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoon sliced fresh ginger
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 lb golden potatoes
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- crushed chili pepper to the desired level of spiciness
- salt and pepper to taste
- chicken bouillon cube
- Slice onions long ways. Slice garlic cloves. Peel and slice ginger.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes and golden potatoes. Set aside.
- Peel and chop carrots. Chop celery. Set aside.
- Slice corn on the cob into mini pinwheels. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes into large chunks. Set aside.
- On medium-high heat, add olive oil to a large pot. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add spicy chili pepper and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add 1.5 quarts (roughly 1.5 liters) of water to the pot and turn the heat up to high. Add the bouillon cube.
- Add the carrots, celery, and tomatoes. Cover with a lid. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, golden potatoes, and corn. Continue cooking on high for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are all completely cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stewing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2.5 cups
- Calories: 239 calories
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 96 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: homemade vegetable soup recipe, easy vegetable soup recipe, vegan vegetable soup recipe, healthy vegetable soup recipe