A delicious dip-style garlic paste that adds incredible flavor to barbecued chicken and vegetables.
- 3 cups of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of garlic cloves (green germ removed)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel the cloves of garlic, remove splinters, and the green germ inside each clove.
- Place the garlic cloves in a food processor and pulse until they’re minced.
- Add the salt and pulse a little more.
- Slowly start adding the oil and lemon juice in intervals (pulse for a few minutes between each addition).
- Keep pulsing until you’re done adding all the oil and lemon juice.
- You’ll have a soft but emulsified white paste that’s ready to serve.
- Serve and sahtein!
- The sauce keeps for up to month if refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: toum, toom, Lebanese garlic sauce, garlic paste, toumaya