Sumac sunny side up eggs fried in olive oil are a great way to jazz up your morning egg routine in only 5 minutes.
- 4 farm fresh, free-range, or "happy chicken" eggs
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried sumac spice
- salt to taste
- In a nonstick skillet on high heat, add the olive oil. Let the olive oil to get hot for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Swirl the oil around in the pan to coat the surface evenly.
- Crack the eggs into the hot oil. If desiring runny sunny side up eggs, cook until the eggs whites are cooked through (about 2 minutes). If desiring a cooked egg yolk, turn the heat to medium and cover with a lid (about 4 minute total cook time). Remove from the stovetop once the eggs are cooked to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and sumac spice. Serve immediately.
- Substitute equal parts butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, and ghee in lieu of olive oil if desired. For example, substitute 1.5 tbsp of butter for 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.
- The nutrition doesn't account for hash browns or bread.
- Season the eggs with sumac and salt once the egg whites have cooked through.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 2 eggs
- Calories: 230 calories
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 370 mg
Keywords: sunny side up eggs, fried eggs, sumac eggs, Lebanese eggs, Lebanese fried eggs, how to fry eggs