This shredded cabbage salad is made with a garlicky lemon vinaigrette. It's quick and easy to make for a weeknight side.
- 1 head of white cabbage (about 1.5 lbs or 0.7 kg)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Lemons
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Wash the outside of the cabbage head. Don't remove the leaves.
- Cut the cabbage in half. Remove the stem. Place the flat side down on the cutting board. Shred the cabbage using a sharp knife.
- Peel the garlic. Add the garlic and salt into a mortar bowl. Using a pestle, mash the garlic as much as possible.
- Squeeze the lemons using a lemon juicer.
- Combine the lemon juice, mashed garlic, and olive oil in the same bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the salad dressing over the chopped cabbage. Mix the chopped cabbage well.
- The shredded cabbage salad is good for 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 138 calories
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 207 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: shredded cabbage, cabbage salad, shredded cabbage salad, lebanese cabbage salad