This homemade roasted chunky salsa recipe with pineapple is packed with fresh ingredients and taste. You will never settle for the can stuff again.
- 1/2 whole pineapple cored and skin removed
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 anaheim peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper (if wanting some spice)
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup of cilantro leaves (packed)
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice from a lime
- Wash vegetables. Cut tomatoes, onions, and peppers in half. Remove seeds from the peppers.
- Core and remove the skin from the pineapple. Cut the pineapple into pieces.
- Roast tomatoes, pineapple, onions, peppers, and garlic in the oven at 425F until skins are charred (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Add veggies and pineapple to a food processor. Blend with cilantro, ground cumin, limes, and salt to taste.
- You can substitute green bell peppers for jalapeno peppers.
- You can add mango to the recipe as an addition or substitution. Peel and chop the mango. Add the mango to the food processor when blending the salsa.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 41
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 33 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted salsa, mango salsa recipe, pineapple salsa, mild salsa, chunky salsa recipe, roasted salsa recipe