This roasted red pepper and tahini hummus recipe is made with fresh red pepper, garlic, chickpeas, lemon, and tahini. It's what I call luxury hummus.
- 2 cups of dried chickpeas (6 cups cooked or canned chickpeas)
- 6 tbsp of tahini
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- pinch of ground paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (if using dry chickpeas)
- Salt to taste
- Soak chickpeas for at least 3 hours for baking powder.
- Cook chickpeas on the stovetop for about 1 hour to 1.5 hours or until tender.
- Cut the red bell pepper and lay the skin up on a baking sheet. Roast at 425 ℉ (218 ℃) for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the skin is slightly charred.
- Remove the red bell pepper skin (or keep the skin intact for a more smoky flavor) and chop the peppers roughly.
- Mash garlic, squeeze the lemons, and measure out the cumin and tahini.
- Add the drained chickpeas to the food processor along with the smashed garlic, lemon juice, ground cumin, tahini, and salt.
- Blend the hummus on high until smooth.
- Serve with olive oil and some ground paprika on top.
- The nutrition facts do not include olive oil.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 201 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: hummus recipe with tahini, hummus recipe with tahina, roasted red pepper hummus