Here’s a quick and filling quinoa chickpea salad recipe with spinach. I meal prep this salad ahead of time and assemble the bowl prior to eating.
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz.)
- 1 cup of dried quinoa
- 3/4 cup of dried brown lentils
- Pre-washed baby spinach (16 oz. container)
- 3 Persian cucumbers or 3/4 English cucumber
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Quinoa, Lentils, and Chickpeas
- In a large pot of, boil water. Add dried lentils, canned chickpeas, and quinoa in the same pot.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high uncovered.
- Strain the quinoa, chickpea, and lentil mixture.
- Turn off the stovetop. Return the chickpeas, quinoa, and lentils to the pot and cover for 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture in an open bowl in the fridge. Allow cooling.
Prepare the Salad
- Wash and chop the cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and baby spinach.
- Drain well and set aside.
Prepare the Pomegranate Dressing
- In a separate bowl, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pomegranate syrup, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
Assemble the Salad
- Once the lentil, chickpea, and quinoa mixture had cooled completely, add it to the tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Mix in the pomegranate salad dressing.
- You can add a few optional ingredients that go well with this salad like avocado, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, artichoke hearts, and beets.
- If you don’t have pomegranate syrup, you can use honey as a substitute.
- Store salad in 3 parts if eating over several days:
- salad dressing
- quinoa, lentils, and chickpeas
- baby spinach, cucumbers, and tomatoes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 cups
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 196 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: quinoa chickpea salad with spinach, quinoa chickpea salad avocado, quinoa chickpea salad