Bust out a delicious and customizable weeknight pita pizza within minutes with this super simple crispy pita bread pizza recipe.
- 6 Lebanese pita bread
- 26 oz. jar of pasta sauce
- 20 oz. block of mozzarella cheese
- fresh herbs
- pitted black olives
- red onion
- bell pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 425 ℉ (218 ℃). Grate the mozzarella cheese block if not already shredded. Prepare the pizza topping ingredients.
- Place the pita bread on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Completely cover the pita bread in pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add desired pizza toppings.
- Put the pizza in the middle or top part of the oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until the pizza is finished.
- Oven temperatures vary, so keep an eye on the first pita pizza carefully. Lebanese pita bread is thin and can burn easily.
- Don't add too many wet pizza toppings (like tomatoes and pineapple) if desiring a crispy pizza crust.
- The nutrition facts are for a plain cheese pita pizza 12" in diameter with 3 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 pizza (12" diameter)
- Calories: 527 calories
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1288 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 14 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
Keywords: pita pizza, pita bread pita recipe, crispy pita pizza, homemade pita pizza, easy pita bread pizza recipe