These 15 minute oven broiled lamb kabobs are made with marinated lamb chunks skewered in between sliced onions for the ultimate shish kabobs.
- 2 lbs of boneless lamb shoulder roast (see notes)
- 2 whole large lemons (1/2 cup of squeezed lemon juice)
- 5 whole garlic cloves
- 2 medium white onions
- salt and pepper to taste
Marinate the Lamb
- Squeeze the lemons. Mash the garlic. Mix the lemon juice, mashed garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut the lamb roast into lamb kabob chunks about 1" thick.
- Add the marinade to the lamb kabob chunks and coating each piece well. Cover with a plastic wrap and set in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours, or preferably overnight. Alternatively, marinate the lamb in a gallon plastic storage bag.
Skewer The Meat
- If using wooden bamboo skewers, soak the skewers for 10 minutes so they don't burn when broiling. Turn on the broiler while skewering the lamb chunks and onions.
- Peel and quarter an onion. Separate the onion pieces.
- Remove the marinated lamb from the oven. Skewer the lamb chunks and onion petals alternating lamb and onion.
- Place the skewers on a broiling pan.
Broil the Lamb Kabobs
- Place the broiler pan with the lamb kabobs in the top rack of the oven.
- Set a timer for about 2.5 to 3 minutes before removing the lamb kabobs. Monitor the lamb kabobs carefully.
- Pull the lamb kabobs out of the oven and turn the kabobs a quarter turn in the same direction. Put the lamb shish kabobs back into the oven for another 2.5 to 3 minutes.
- Continue to rotate the lamb shish kabobs until all four sides have been broiled (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
- I bought my boneless lamb shoulder roast from Costco. The entire roast weighed 4.5 lbs, but I used 2 lbs for this recipe.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Broiling
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1.5 skewers
- Calories: 194 calories
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 456 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 29.1 g
- Cholesterol: 81 mg
Keywords: lamb kabobs, oven shish kabobs, broiled lamb, lamb kabobs in oven