These fluffy lemon blueberry pancakes without buttermilk are made from scratch in about 20 minutes or less.
- 1 cup of blueberries (about 40 blueberries)
- zest from one lemon
- 120 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups milk** see note 1
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar** see note 2
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter**see note 3
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- In a bowl, add the milk and vinegar together. Let the milk sour for about 5 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a second bowl, measure out the flour, preferably with a kitchen scale. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Mix together.
- Add the melted butter and egg to the curdled milk. Zest one whole lemon into the bowl. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk everything together.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on the stovetop to medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, spray some cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the pancake batter into the hot pan.
- Once the bubbles start to form, sprinkle about 4 or 5 blueberries onto the pancakes. Check the pancake side that's cooking using a spatula. Flip the pancake when it's ready. Cook the other side until golden brown.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray (or butter) in between pancakes. Make 3 pancakes at a time if wanting to save time.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup.
- Use fat-free milk, whole milk, or reduced-fat cow's milk. I haven't tried this recipe with nut milk or oat milk.
- Substitute sugar in the raw or cane sugar for white sugar.
- Substitute coconut oil or avocado oil for butter if preferred.
- Measure out the flour with a kitchen scale. Use measuring spoons for the baking powder and baking soda.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 239 calories
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg
Keywords: lemon blueberry pancakes, blueberry pancakes, fluffy pancakes, pancakes without buttermilk