This Lebanese fattoush salad is one of the most common salads in Lebanon. This recipe has fried pita chips, sumac, za'atar, and pomegranate seeds.
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 6 persian cucumbers or 1.5 english cucumbers
- 6 radishes
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds (if you have some)
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons of sumac
Fattoush Salad Dressing
- 4 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup (this is the secret ingredient)
- 6 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- lemon juice from 2 large lemons
- salt to taste
Make The Fatoush Salad Base
- Wash and chop lettuce. Set aside.
- Chop onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, and bell peppers.
- Add salt and sumac.
- Chop fresh mint and fresh parsley.
- Remove seeds from the pomegranate. Add to other salad ingredients.
- Create salad dressing by mixing pomegranate syrup, lemon, and olive oil. Add dressing to salad ingredients and mix.
Make The Pita Chips
- Split pita bread in pita chip-sized pieces.
- If frying, heat up frying oil. Add pita bread to oil and fry until golden brown. Remove onto a paper towel. Add salt and zaatar.
- If baking in the oven, split pita bread into half. Most pita bread has a pocket of air in the middle that separates the bread into a front and back. Split the pita bread so that the front and back are separated. Brush olive oil onto each piece. Sprinkle za'atar and salt on the bread. Bake at 375 ℉ (190 ℃) until golden brown and crunchy.
Assemble Salad Bowl
- Add the salad to a bowl. Put pita chips on top. Mix and enjoy!
- The nutrition facts are not including the fried pita chips or baked pita chips. Depending on how many you add to your bowl will affect the nutritional values.
- If eating this salad over a few days, keep the pita chips separate from the salad base until you are ready to eat. This keeps the pita chips crunchy.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 28 g
- Sodium: 236 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: fatoush, fattoush lebanese salad, fattoush salad