This labneh sandwich is made with Lebanese pita bread, homemade labneh, zaatar, olive oil, fresh mint, sliced cucumbers, and tomatoes. It's rolled up into a pita burrito that can be eaten on the go!
- Wash and prepare the vegetables.
- Split the pita bread in half so that you have two circles. Use the thicker side of the split pita bread for the labneh sandwich. Place the rough side of the pita bread upward and the smooth side on the counter or plate.
- Thinly spread the labneh cheese in the middle portion of the pita bread.
- Sprinkle the flaked sea salt and za'atar spice blend. Drizzle some olive oil (about 2 tsp).
- Layer the tomatoes, cucumber, and fresh mint down the middle of the pita bread on top of the labneh.
- Remove the pit from the olives! Place the olives down the middle of the pita bread.
- Fold the bottom of the pita bread upward. Fold the left side over, and roll like a burrito. Enjoy!
- Be very careful to remove the olive pits prior to adding to the sandwich. It is very common to crack a tooth when eating this sandwich if you leave the pits in the olives.
- The labneh sandwich can stay at room temperature for up to 5 hours, making it an excellent picnic or poolside sandwich, especially with kids.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Preparing
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 274 calories
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 372 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: labneh sandwich, labnah sandwich, labneh and zaatar, lebnah, labnah and zaatar, labneh pita sandwich, labnah pita sandwich