Kibbeh nayeh is a delicious Lebanese ground raw meat dish. If you've never tried to make raw kibbeh, this recipe is easy.
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg) raw meat (I used lamb, you can use veal or beef)
- 20 ounces (600 grams) fine bulgur wheat (dry weight prior to getting soaked)
- 1 medium onion, chopped into quarters
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon seven spices
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Water (keep a bowl on hand to help you form the kibbeh dough)
- Soak the bulgar wheat in water for 40 minutes to 1 hour. The bulgar should be soft when ready. Drain the bulgar wheat.
- Split the meat into three batches. Ground the first two in a food processor and place them in a bowl. Put the third batch in the food processor along with the onion and spices and process. Add this mixture to the rest of the ground meat.
- Add the bulgur to the meat and start kneading the mixture with your hands until everything is mixed together (it takes around 5-7 minutes so keep mixing). If you feel the mixture needs it, place your hands in a bowl of cold water and then mix again.
- Once everything is combined, shape the mixture into a large ball.
- Move it to the serving dish and start patting it down until it covers the entire dish.
- Use a fork to make lines across the kibbeh nayeh.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Decorate with greens and/or mint.
- Serve & enjoy.
- Serve cold.
- Due to the nature of raw meat, this recipe should be eaten the same day it's made.
- Make sure to get the ground meat from a source that's appropriate for raw consumption. There are inherent health risks when consuming raw meat, so it's not recommended for pregnant women.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1/12 dish
- Calories: 331 calories
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: kibbeh nayeh, raw kibbeh, lebanese raw meat