This instant pot recipe for Lebanese vermicelli rice is easy, quick, and delicious! If you are looking for a rice recipe, this is it!
- 3 Cups of Rice (Medium or Long Grain)
- 1 Cup of Vermicelli
- 4 Cups of Water or Broth
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste (about 1 tsp each)
- Add olive oil to a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated, add the vermicelli stirring frequently. Once the vermicelli has browned evenly, pour into a bowl, and set aside.
- Add the rice to a large bowl and fill it with water. Wash the rice until the water runs clear. Strain the rice using a strainer. Set aside.
- In the Instant Pot, add the rice, water (or broth), browned vermicelli, salt, and pepper.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and make sure the vent is not vented. Hit the “Rice” function.
- Once the timer goes off, vent the Instant Pot. Once the pressure had been released, open the lid. Mix the rice (see note 1).
- I mix the rice once, then close the Instant Pot lid. Turn off the Instant Pot fully and let sit for 5 minutes prior to serving.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 64 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Recipe for Lebanese Rice, Lebanese Rice with Vermicelli, Instant pot rice recipe