Hummus fatteh, or fattet hummus, is a vegetarian savory chickpea bread pudding. It's a delicious mess of fried bread, garlicky yogurt, and some other garnishes.
- 600g yogurt (around 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 pita breads
- 1/4 cup +2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 5 cloves smashed garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- pomegranate, parsley, and pine nuts for garnish
- Start by cutting the bread into little squares. Fry until golden, and set aside.
- Mix the yogurt with the smashed garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and salt.
- Assemble the layers in your serving dish: starting with the fried pita bread, then the chickpeas, then the yogurt mixture, and garnish with pomegranates, more chickpeas, and parsley.
- Fry the pine nuts in ghee or olive oil and pour on top. Serve immediately.
- Don't make more than you'll eat; leftovers don't keep well.
- Pour the nuts and the ghee they were frying in at the end.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 398 calories
- Sugar: 11.1 g
- Sodium: 245 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.6 g
- Fiber: 11.8 g
- Protein: 18.5 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
Keywords: chickpeas, hummus, fattet hummus, vegetarian meals, vegetarian recipes, fatteh, Syrian cuisine, levantine cuisine, breakfast recipes, breakfast ideas, Lebanese food, ghee, bread pudding, savory bread pudding,