This is the best way to cut and de-seed a pomegranate without a mess, in very little time, and have pomegranate seeds year-round.
How to Cut a Pomegranate
- Cut the ends off of the pomegranate.
- Lay the pomegranate with the flat surface side down on the cutting board. Cut from the center outward rotating every 90 degrees. You will be left with 4 quarters of the pomegranate
How To De-Seed a Pomegranate
- Add a few pomegranate quarters to a large bowl of water.
- Gently remove the seeds from the white peel.
- The seeds will sink to the bottom, and the peel will float to the top. Skim the peel from the water. Continue to de-seed the pomegranate quarters until finished.
- Remove all of the white peels from the water.
- Strain the pomegranate seeds using a strainer.
- Store the pomegranate in an airtight container or eat right away.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 128 calories
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to cut a pomegranate, how to de-seed a pomegranate, how to tell if a pomegranate is ripe, pomegranates, de-seeding a pomegranate, removing pomegranate seeds, how to remove a pomegranate juice stain