This 20 minute lemon garlic butter shrimp pasta is made with angel hair pasta, homemade lemon garlic butter, and jumbo shrimp.
- 1.5 lbs Jumbo or large shrimp (680 grams)
- 16 oz. package of angel hair pasta
- 5 to 6 cloves are garlic
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of olive oil (may add more to the pasta if desired)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- the juice from 2 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
Make the Pasta
- In a large stovetop pot, fill with water. Bring to a boil. Add the angel hair pasta.
- Cook the angel hair pasta until tender (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Remove a cup of water from the pasta water and set it aside.
- Drain the pasta using a strainer.
Make the Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Peel, devein, and pat dry the shrimp.
- Mash the garlic with some salt using a mortar and pestle. Alternatively, use a garlic press or finely mince the garlic using a chefs knife.
- In a nonstick skillet on high heat, add the olive oil and butter. Place the shrimp in a single layer on the nonstick skillet. Once the shrimp starts to turn pink (after 1 to 2 minutes), move the shrimp over a little bit and add the mashed garlic to the pan.
- Flip each shrimp over to the other side. Squeeze the lemon juice over the shrimp. Cover the nonstick skillet to cook through for 2 to 3 minutes.
Make Shrimp Pasta
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet. There should be a generous amount of lemon garlic butter in the pan still. On medium heat, add the fresh spinach and 1 cup of the pasta water. Cover and cook for about 1 minute until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cooked angel hair pasta, freshly grated parmesan cheese, and cooked garlic butter shrimp.
- Mix everything together well. Add some chopped parsley to garnish.
- Substitute prawns for large shrimp.
- Use fresh garlic cloves and freshly squeezed lemons for the lemon garlic butter sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 525 calories
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 780 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 245 mg
Keywords: shrimp pasta, shrimp angel hair pasta, garlic butter shrimp pasta, garlic shrimp pasta,