This dairy-free sweet potato gnocchi recipe is made without ricotta with only 4 ingredients: egg, salt, flour, and sweet potatoes. If you are a gnocchi fan, you will really like this easy and healthy recipe!
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (about 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- extra flour for working surfaces
- Peel, chop and boil the sweet potatoes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and allow to cool down.
- Mash the sweet potatoes really well with a potato masher or fork. Make sure the mashed potato is smooth without chunks.
- Lay the mashed sweet potatoes on a floured surface. Top with the flour. Make a little crevice and add the cracked egg. Add the salt.
- Mix the egg with the flour using a fork.
- Mix the sweet potatoes, flour, egg, and salt using your hands.
- Make a log, and cut the dough into 5 equal sections.
- Roll out the section individually to form a long 1" (2.5 cm) rope. Cut every 1" (2.5 cm) to make gnocchi pieces.
- Flour a fork, and lightly press on top of the gnocchi pieces to form an indentation.
- Flour the gnocchi pieces lightly.
- In a large pot, boil water with some salt.
- Add about 20 to 25 gnocchi pieces into the boiling water. Remove the gnocchi with a strainer once it has floated to the surface (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Continue cooking the gnocchi until all gnocchi pieces have been cooked.
- Serve with your favorite sauce of choice.
- This gnocchi dough recipe can be batch prepared and frozen. Don't cook the gnocchi that's going to be frozen. Flour the gnocchi pieces individually prior to placing it into a freezer-friendly storage bag. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- This sweet potato gnocchi recipe can be reheated the following day.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 30 gnocchi pieces
- Calories: 225 calories
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
Keywords: sweet potato gnocchi recipe, sweet potato gnocchi without ricotta