Crispy, golden fried cheese samosas that are so easy to make and oh so delicious. Freezer friendly and only 3 ingredients. These easy cheese samosas are a crowd favorite.
- 1 packet samosa pastry (around 30 sheets)
- 1 lb (500g) shelal cheese OR 1 lb (500g) mix of shredded mozzarella and feta cheese (see notes for other options of cheese)
- Oil for frying
- Lay a samosa wrapper flat on your working station, vertically. Add around a teaspoon and a half of your choice of cheese and start folding upwards into a triangle over and over until the wrapper is fully wrapped onto itself. Dip your finger into warm water and seal the samosa well.
- Repeat until you're out of samosa wrappers.
- Heat the frying oil in a deep frying pan on the stove. Check if it's ready by placing the back of a wooden spoon in the oil. If it bubbles, then it's hot enough. If not, wait for a bit.
- Place the samosas in without overcrowding the pan and fry while stirring frequently until golden all over.
- Place the cooked ones on a paper towel and serve immediately.
- Make sure your samosas are sealed well so the cheese doesn't leak out when you fry them.
- Don't overcrowd your pan.
- Other cheese variations: mozzarella, cheddar, akkawi, kashkaval, feta, or white cheese.
- Good cheese combinations are 50/50: mozzarella & akkawi, mozzarella & feta, cheddar & kashkaval.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1 samosa
- Calories: 44 calories
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 7.9 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 1.5 mg
Keywords: easy cheese samosa recipe, cheese samosas, fried cheese samosas, samosa recipe, samosas, fried samosas