Beef samosas Syrian-style, flavored with tangy pomegranate molasses folded into perfect triangles and fried until golden brown. This beef samosa appetizer is freezer-friendly and delicious.
- 1 packet samosa pastry (around 30 sheets)
- 1 lb (500g) lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 7 spices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Start with the filling by cooking the onions in a tablespoon of olive oil, until soft and translucent.
- Add the beef and spices, stirring frequently until fully cooked. Around 15-20 minutes. Taste and adjust the spices to your liking.
- Once the meat has fully cooked, take the mixture off the heat and mix in the pomegranate molasses. Set aside to cool.
- Lay a samosa wrapper flat on your working station, vertically. Add around a teaspoon and a half of beef filling and start folding upwards into a triangle over and over until the wrapper is fully wrapped onto itself. Dip your finger into warm water and seal the samosa well.
- Repeat until you're out of samosa wrappers.
- Heat the frying oil in a deep frying pan on the stove. Check if it's ready by placing the back of a wooden spoon in the oil. If it bubbles, then it's hot enough. If not, wait for a bit.
- Place the samosas in without overcrowding the pan and fry while stirring frequently until golden all over.
- Place the cooked ones on a paper towel and serve immediately.
- Keep the rest of the samosa wrappers covered with a towel while you work.
- Use a slotted spoon or frying spatula to stir the samosas in the oil and make sure they cook evenly.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Syrian
- Serving Size: 1 samosa
- Calories: 170 calories
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: samosa, beef samosa, middle eastern appetizers, how to fold a samosa, fried beef samosas, beef samosa triangles