Decadent layers of homemade custard and nostalgic tea biscuits in the form of a fancy-looking custard cake. Best part? No baking required.
- 1-2 packs tea biscuits
- 4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- Whisk the cornstarch, eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla in a pot until fully incorporated.
- On the stove, bring the mixture to a boil while whisking continuously,
- As soon as it bubbles, lower the heat and keep whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Arrange the biscuits in a single layer 9"x13" serving dish, then spread a layer of custard on top. Just enough to form a layer on top of the biscuits. Repeat this process two more times, the last layer being custard.
- Crush the instant coffee with the cocoa powder and sprinkle or sift on top of the cake.
- Let the custard cool then let set for 3 hours in the fridge. Slice into squares and enjoy.
- The number of biscuits you use will depend on the size of your pan and the size of the biscuits.
- You want to end up with 3 layers of biscuits and custard.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 249 calories
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Sodium: 59 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.5 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg
Keywords: custard cake, custard biscuit cake, no bake cake, no bake custard cake, stovetop desserts, easy desserts, homemade custard, custard recipe, Nescafe cake, coffee cake