This vegetable coconut curry lentil soup is easy and nutritious. Carrots, red lentils, lemon, and curry powder make for a flavorful dish.
- 1 large onion
- 6 whole carrots
- 3 tablespoons of fresh ginger
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1.5 cups of dry red lentils
- 3 white potatoes
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 quart of vegetable broth or 1 quart of water and a bouillon cube
- 1 can of coconut milk (about 12 ounces)
- 1 whole lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Peel and chop the carrots and potatoes.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, potatoes, lentils, curry powder, and vegetable broth to the Crock-Pot or Stovetop Pot.
- If using a Crock-Pot, cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- If using a Stovetop Pot, cook on medium-high heat covered for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Using a handheld blender, blend the ingredients.
- Add the coconut milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the juice from 1 large lemon.
The cook times below are for the stovetop method.
The soup reheats well for about 5 days.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 cups
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 97 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 17 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: curry lentil soup, coconut curry lentil soup recipe, curry carrot and lentil soup