Homemade almond milk rice pudding is so easy to make! It's creamy, vegan, dairy-free, and made from scratch using cooked rice.
- 4 Cups of Homemade Almond Milk
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice (about 5.5 ounces or 160 grams)
- 1/2 cup Sugar OR 15 Medjool Dates (added to the almond milk)
- Make your almond milk. If sweetening with dates, add the extra dates to the almond milk when blending the almonds.
- Strain the almond milk for a smooth milk base.
- In a pot, add the cornstarch, sugar (if using), and almond milk together. Stir for 30 seconds to a minute until the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
- Put the pot on the stovetop on high heat. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer (medium-high heat). Continuously monitor and stir every couple of minutes until the almond milk thickens up (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- Add in the cooked rice. Continue to stir until the rice expands slightly (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Remove from the stovetop and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crushed nuts or ground spices.
- Thicken up the rice pudding while on the stovetop by continuing to stir on medium-high heat until the pudding mixture is at the desired consistency.
- Thicken up the rice pudding by allowing it to cool at room temperature or in the fridge.
- If the pudding is too thick, add a little bit of almond milk and stir.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 270 calories
- Sugar: 40 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy-free rice pudding, almond milk rice pudding, rice pudding with almond milk, almond milk rice pudding recipe