This homemade cranberry pistachio biscotti is made with lemon zest, pistachios, dried cranberries, sugar, flour, eggs, and olive oil.
- 1 and 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour (254 grams weighed)** see note 1
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios (without the shell on)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest from 1 lemon (optional)
- Heat the oven to 300 °F (150 °C).
- Add the sugar, olive oil, vanilla, and lemon zest (if using) in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add two eggs to the olive oil and sugar mixture. Mix until fully blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir until blended.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the olive oil wet mixture. Mix the batter using a spoon until it takes on the texture of dough.
- Add the dried cranberries and shelled pistachios. Using your hands, mix the biscotti dough until everything is fully blended.
- Scoop the biscotti dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Using wet hands, shape the biscotti into a log shape that about 3/4" (about 2 cm) in height.
- Put the cranberry pistachio biscotti log into the middle of the oven for about 40 minutes or until the edges are golden and a toothpick can be removed cleanly from the center of the biscotti log.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 325°F (160 °C). Transfer the biscotti log, by picking up the parchment paper, onto a cutting board. Slice the biscotti log into slices. Turn the biscotti slices on its side.
- Place the parchment paper back on the baking sheet. Put the biscotti slices back in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the biscotti is golden.
- Weigh the flour using a kitchen scale for the most accurate measurement.
- If using salted pistachios, omit the salt used in the batter.
- Biscotti is a dried and crunchy sweet cookie. The baking process is what dries out the biscotti and makes it crunchy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 biscotti
- Calories: 260 calories
- Sugar: 22 g
- Sodium: 14 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: cranberry pistachio biscotti, homemade biscotti, holiday biscotti, pistachio biscotti, cranberry biscotti, pistachio cranberry biscotti