This four-layer chocolate pudding dessert, aka chocolate delight yummy, has a butter pecan crust, sweet cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and homemade whipped cream.
Butter Pecan Crust
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour (120 grams)
- 1 stick of salted butter (113 grams)
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 pack of full-fat cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Pudding Layer
- 1 large chocolate pudding (5.9 oz box that makes 6.5 cups of pudding)
- 1 large vanilla pudding (5.9 oz. box that makes 6.5 cups of pudding)
- 4.5 cups of milk (2% or fat-free)
Whipped Cream Topping
- Quart of heavy whipping cream (will be 1/2 cup less)
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Make The Butter Pecan Crust
- Heat the oven to 350℉ (175℃).
- Soften the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Mix the pecans, flour, and butter together in a bowl.
- Press the pecan dough into a thin layer in a 9" x 13" pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven or until the crust is golden. Remove from the oven and allow the butter pecan crust to cool.
Make The Other Layers
- In a large bowl, make the pudding layer. Add the chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding, and 4.5 cups of milk. Whisk everything together by hand until the pudding thickens up (about 5 minutes). Set aside. See note 1.
- In a second large bowl, make the cream cheese layer. Add the cream cheese, vanilla extract, confectioner's sugar, and heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer, beat the contents until the cream cheese mixture thickens. Set aside.
- In a third large bowl, make the whipped cream layer. Add the rest of the quart of heavy whipping cream. Add the vanilla extract and confectioner's sugar. Beat the whipped cream using a hand mixer until peaks form.
Assemble The Chocolate Delight Yummy Dessert
- Once the butter pecan layer has cooled, scoop the cream cheese layer onto the crust. The crust is very crumbly, so when spreading the cream cheese layer expect pecan crumbs to intermix.
- Scoop the chocolate pudding layer evenly onto the cream cheese mixture. Evenly spread the pudding.
- Add the whipped cream layer on top.
- Add some chopped pecans on top.
- Put the chocolate delight yummy dessert in the fridge for 1 hour to set it prior to serving.
- The pudding box calls for 6 cups of milk for both pudding boxes (3 cups for each box), however, we need a thicker pudding mixture. Make sure to only add 4.5 cups of milk so that the pudding layer will be thick.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/12 slice
- Calories: 584 calories
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 424 mg
- Fat: 40 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 33 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 27 mg
Keywords: mountain mama, chocolate yummy, chocolate delight, chocolate pudding dessert, pudding layer cake