The slow-roasted boneless leg of lamb cooks for 4 hours at a low temperature in the oven resulting in a tender and juicy boneless lamb leg.
- 4 to 5 lbs (about 2 kg) boneless leg of lamb
- 5 large carrots
- 5 celery stalks
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1 large onion
- 8 garlic cloves mashed
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp dried herbs
- about 2 cups of lamb drippings
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- salt to taste
Make the Roasted Boneless Lamb Leg
- Peel and chop the carrots, potatoes, and onion. Wash and chop the celery. Add the chopped vegetables to a baking dish and add some salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, marinate the lamb with mashed garlic, lemon juice, dried herbs, salt, and pepper. Keep the mesh string around the lamb (if present), and spread the seasoning all over the outside of the boneless leg of lamb.
- Place the marinated boneless leg of lamb on top of the chopped vegetables. Add a layer of parchment paper, then add a layer of foil. Tightly close the foil so that the baking dish is tightly covered. Bake the boneless lamb leg in the oven at 325 ℉ (165 ℃) for 4 hours.
- Remove the foil and parchment paper. Remove the mesh string. Set the oven to broil. Put the baking dish in the oven set to broil for about 2 to 4 minutes or until the top of the lamb is browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve as is. Alternatively, make a lamb gravy to serve with the slow-roasted boneless leg of lamb and vegetables.
Make the Lamb Gravy
- Separate the lamb drippings from the roasted lamb and vegetables. I just use a slotted spoon and carefully move over the lamb and vegetables to another dish. Then using a mesh strainer, I pour the lamb drippings to remove any large chunks. Set the lamb drippings aside.
- In a stovetop pot, melt the butter on high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the flour. Whisk for about 30 seconds until combined. Add the lamb drippings while continuing to whisk together until thickened (about 1 to 2 minutes). Serve the lamb gravy separately.
- Carve the boneless lamb roast just before serving so it doesn't dry out.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 1/12 dish
- Calories: 389 calories
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 128 mg
Keywords: boneless lamb leg, slow roasted boneless lamb leg, roasted boneless leg of lamb, boneless leg of lamb