Get your fruit and vegetable servings with this blueberry kale smoothie with banana, strawberries, and a Honeycrisp apple. This vegan 5-minute breakfast or snack is toddler-approved and easy to whip up in your Vitamix blender.
- frozen banana (see notes)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (about 10 strawberries)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Honeycrisp apple (cored)
- 2 cups kale (or 2 large kale leaves with the stem)
- 2 Medjool dates with pit removed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 cups of water
- Add the ingredients to a Vitamix blender (or equivalent high power blender).
- Blend on high (for about 30 seconds to 45 seconds).
- Add more water if desiring a thinner consistency.
- Taste the smoothie for your desired level of sweetness. Add more honey or another Medjool date if desired. Blend again.
- Pour the smoothie into your favorite smoothie cup and enjoy!
- Peel the banana, split it in quarters, and add it to a freezer-friendly storage bag. Add to the freezer ahead of time. I usually have about 6 frozen bananas on hand at all times.
- Agave nectar can substitute for honey.
- Substitute 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp agave nectar, or 3 sukkari dates in lieu of 2 Medjool dates.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 cups
- Calories: 324 calories
- Sugar: 60 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 82 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: kale smoothie, kale smoothie with banana, blueberry kale smoothie