Batata harra is a glorious mezze dish of fried Lebanese potatoes infused with garlic and cilantro. What's not to love?
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tablespoons chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 1 teaspoon salt (you can add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water. Let them cool down a little bit then cube them.
- Heat up the frying oil. Fry the potato cubes.
- One minute before the cubes are done, add in the chopped cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything together. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the oil.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 275 calories
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Fat: 29 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 25 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: batata harra, lebanese fried potatoes, spicy fried potatoes, cubed fried potatoes, potatoes with garlic, cilantro fried potatoes, fried cubed potatoes with cilantro