These baked teriyaki chicken meatballs are packed full of flavor with carrots, green onion, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and honey.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) ground chicken breast
- 2 large carrots (or 3 medium carrots)
- 7 to 9 garlic cloves
- 2" stalk of fresh ginger (about 2 tbsp of grated ginger)
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 green onion sprigs
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste (about 1 tsp sea salt)
- Heat the oven to 425 ℉ (218 ℃).
- Peel the ginger, garlic, and carrots. Using a zester (different from a cheese grater), zest the carrots, ginger, and garlic into the same bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Wash and chop the green onion. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, sesame oil, black pepper, and salt. Mix well together. Then add the carrots, ginger, garlic, onion, and green onion. Mix well again until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the chicken teriyaki mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet leaving a minimum of a 1.5" gap in between each meatball. If using a large cookie scoop, this recipe makes about 20 to 24 meatballs.
- Place the chicken teriyaki meatballs in the heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through to a minimum temperature of 165 ℉ (74 ℃).
- Serve with a side of steamed rice.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or a freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Substitute agave nectar for honey.
- Use a garlic press instead of zesting the garlic.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Serving Size: 4 meatballs
- Calories: 275 calories
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 715 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg
Keywords: chicken teriyaki meatballs, baked chicken meatballs, teriyaki meatballs, baked teriyaki meatballs