This baba ganoush eggplant dip is fresh, healthy, and easy to make. If you like hummus, you will fall in love with baba ghanouj.
- 2 large eggplant (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1/2 pomegranate or 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bell pepper (any type)
- 1 whole juicy lemon
- 1.5 tbsp of pomegranate molasses (optional)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Place parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet. Add a little olive oil.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant. Cut the eggplant in half. Pierce the skin with a knife every 1". Lay eggplant face down on the cookie sheet.
- Roast the eggplant in the oven at 400 ℉ (205 ℃) for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven once the outer skin is charred a bit and the insides are cooked.
- Once the eggplant has cooled down, use a fork to scrape the insides of the eggplant. Set aside.
- Chop the bell pepper into small pieces.
- Chop some parsley for garnish.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Mash the garlic with some salt.
- Add all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add olive oil on top of the baba ganoush. Sprinkle some chopped parsley.
- Baba ganoush is normally made with tahini, a sesame paste. You can add the tahini to this dish if you like by mixing 3 tbsp of tahini and omitting the bell pepper.
- Use fresh lemons and fresh garlic.
- If you can find pomegranate syrup, add it to this baba ganoush recipe!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 52 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: baba ganoush recipe, lebanese baba ghanouj, roasted eggplant dip, authentic lebanese baba ganoush