This authentic Lebanese red lentil soup with lemon is a hearty dish. Nutritious, warm and so easy to make, we know you'll love it.
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 4 cups of water (more if the soup dries up a little)
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Wash the red lentils and drain them really well. Then add them to a large pot.
- Pour the water over them and bring them to a boil on high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low after the first boil.
- Add in the chopped onions, bay leaves, salt and cumin. Stir.
- When the lentils start turning yellow/orange and are tender, turn the heat off.
- Set the pot aside for a few minutes just so that it slightly cools down.
- Add in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup.
- Serve with pita chips and enjoy!
- Serve hot with a lemon wedge on the side.
- Sprinkle with some crushed toasted pita bread pieces (optional).
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 281 calories
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 403 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: authentic lebanese red lentil soup recipe with lemon, lebanese lentil soup, lebanese lentil soup recipe, authentic lebanese lentil soup, lebanese red lentil soup, lebanese lentil soup with lemon