This apple gorgonzola spinach salad is made with baby spinach, dried cranberries, a granny smith apple, toffee pecans, and gorgonzola cheese.
Apple Gorgonzola Spinach Salad
- 8 cups baby spinach** see note 4
- 1 cup granny smith apple sliced thin
- 1 cup toffee pecans** see note 1
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese** see note 2
Vinegar Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs** see note 3
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash and slice the granny smith apple.
- In a large bowl, measure out the baby spinach leaves, dried cranberries, toffee pecans, granny smith apple, and gorgonzola cheese. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, dried Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Once the dijon mustard has blended into the vinegar, add the olive oil. Mix well.
- Mix the vinegar olive oil salad dressing just before serving the salad
- Brown sugar pecans, spiced caramel pecans, or caramel pecans are acceptable substitutes.
- Substitute equal parts blue cheese for gorgonzola.
- Substitute equal parts dried oregano for dried Italian herbs.
- 8 cups of baby spinach seem like a lot, however, once the dressing is added the spinach will reduce in size.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 salad
- Calories: 337 calories
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 239 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
Keywords: apple gorgonzola spinach salad, spinach salad, apple spinach salad, cranberry spinach salad, gorgonzola spinach salad