This easy black olive tapenade spread is made without anchovies and only uses 3 ingredients: black olives, olive oil, and garlic. It is the perfect party dip and can be made in 5 minutes.
- 2 cups of sliced black olives (or 2.5 cups of whole pitted olives)**
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste)
- Drain sliced black olives.
- Rinse with water using a strainer.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Add the chopped garlic, sliced black olives, olive oil, and salt to a food processor. Blend on high.
- Stop the blender and scrape the sides. Blend on high.
- Store the black olive spread tapenade in an airtight container or enjoy right away!
- The olive spread can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- I purchase 2 cans of whole pitted black olives (about 6 ounces in size). The olives were the perfect amount for this recipe.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Algerian
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: black olive spread tapenade, homemade olive tapenade, black olive spread, Algerian olive tapenade, easy olive tapenade, olive tapenade without anchovies